Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Giving Tree

This last week we read The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.
It seemed like there were plenty of activities that would go along great with this book but, I think I just lost the ambition because I got sick of reading it 5 times.
The boys climbed trees but it didn't last long because it was so cold outside. It probably would have been funner if we had done this in the spring.
The boys also made puppets to narrate the story. I had them watch a couple youtube videos so they would better understand puppet shows and the different possibilities.
I thought it would be fun to make an apple pie
or learn about boats or have them make a boat

but, like I said, I lost ambition and the weather wasn't cooperative. There is a great lesson to the story - that I loved.